Fatty Acid Analyzer (YL6500 GC)
Analyzing esterified fatty acids to determine the ratio of saturated and unsaturated fatty acids is crucial to manage the quality of the fat within a food product. However, determining the fatty acid composition of a product may be difficult because foods can contain a complex mixture of saturated, monounsaturated, and polyunsaturated fatty acids all mixed with a variety of carbon chain lengths.
The recommended column for the analysis of fatty acids in edible oils is polar capillary columns such as Omegawax or Innowax, and fortTrans fatty acids is moderately polar capillary columns such as HP-23 or SP-2560 to separate cis/trans isomers. The order of peaks must be identified first for the eluted peaks of fatty acids are different in the use of polar or moderately polar capillary columns.
The Fatty Acid Analyzer is suitable to analyze various fatty acids and provide an all in one solution from preparation of sample to analysis.
- Accurate sample preparation method support
- Analysis method setup with powerful & easy to use Chromatography Data System
- Customized application support with recommended columns and consumables
- Superior cost effectiveness with optimized analysis efficiency
- Low maintenance cost and long term stability